Speechfest

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Vengeance is Not Ours, It’s God’s


(Another winning declamation piece. It's good to memorize and good to recite. You will really cry when you will deliver this piece in front of the audience. Find out why.)

Alms, alms, alms. Spare me a piece of bread. Spare me your mercy.  I am a child so young, so thin, and so ragged. Why are you staring at me?  With my eyes I cannot see but I know that you are all staring at me. Why are you whispering to one another? Why? Do you know my mother? Do you know my father? Did you know me five years ago?

Yes, five years of bitterness have passed. I can still remember the vast happiness mother and I shared with each other. We were very happy indeed.

Suddenly, five loud knocks were heard on the door and a deep silence ensued. Did the cruel Nippon’s discover our peaceful home? Mother ran to Father’s side pleading. “Please, Luis, hide in the cellar, there in the cellar where they cannot find you,” I pulled my father’s arm but he did not move. It seemed as though his feet were glued to the floor.

The door went “bang” and before us five ugly beasts came barging in. “Are you Captain Luis Santos?” roared the ugliest of them all. “Yes,” said my father. “You are under arrest,” said one of the beasts. They pulled father roughly away from us. Father was not given a chance to bid us goodbye.

We followed them mile after mile. We were hungry and thirsty. We saw group of Japanese eating. Oh, how our mouths watered seeing the delicious fruits they were eating,
Then suddenly, we heard a voice call, “Consuelo. . . . Oscar. . . . Consuelo. . . . Oscar. . . . Consuelo. . . . Oscar. . . .” we ran towards the direction of the voice, but it was too late. We saw father hanging on a tree. . . . dead. Oh, it was terrible. He had been badly beaten before he died. . . . and I cried vengeance, vengeance, vengeance! Everything went black. The next thing I knew I was nursing my poor invalid mother.
One day, we heard the church bell ringing “ding-dong, ding-dong!” It was a sign for us to find a shelter in our hide-out, but I could not leave my invalid mother, I tried to show her the way to the hide-out.

Suddenly, bombs started falling; airplanes were roaring overhead, canyons were firing from everywhere. “Boom, boom, boom, boom!” Mother was hit. Her legs were shattered into pieces. I took her gently in my arms and cried, “I’ll have vengeance, vengeance!” “No, Oscar. Vengeance, it’s God’s,” said mother.

But I cried out vengeance. I was like a pent-up volcano. “Vengeance is mine not the Lord’s”. “No, Oscar. Vengeance is not ours, it’s God’s” these were the words from my mother before she died.

Mother was dead and I was blind. Vengeance is not ours? To forgive is divine but vengeance is sweeter.  That was five years ago, five years. . . .

Alms, alms, alms. Spare me a piece of bread. Spare me your mercy. I am a child so young, so thin, and so ragged. Vengeance is not ours, it’s God’s. . . . It’s. . . . God’s. . It’s…

20 comments:

  1. wow! a great declamation piece!!! "Vengeance is not ours, it’s God’s" !! i want to cry huhuhuhu..!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how sad it is,when a happy family became miserable because Nippbon's arrested his father without saying goodbye to them..Later on he saw his father died..So sad because before his father died he did not hug or kissed them or even a word "I LOVE YOU".Then later on his mother died also.....
    Oh my God......it was so terrible!!Who will care for him when he walked along the?people is staring at him and whispering to one another.It hurt him so much........He had no father who will be his guide and a mother who will take care of him......
    It is really true vengeance is not ours....It's God because God knows everything in our life.........................(~.~).......

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. a happy and peaceful family was disturbed by a cruel five beasts ... that five beasts were so bad .... they arrested and killed her father with out a reason.. .. but all in all it was a great piece ..! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. this declamation is very inspiring indeed…
    actually the message of this declamation piece is true and very touching…
    when I saw my classmate performing this piece I'm very convinced on her performance not only to her performance but to the piece that she reciting…
    in this declamation, I feel kind of pity for her parents and her, her life is filled with confusions especially when she lost everything. and it can't make me with that kind of life, I can't even imagine myself in her life.
    and it’s that Vengeance is not us it’s God’s… rawrr :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. howw touching ... i feel that i was the character here in the story ... because of the beasts , his father and mother died ..,,.. but she also knows that vengeance is not our's its god's ... touching ..

    ReplyDelete
  7. huhuhu ;( what a pity.. Nippon's are definitely a monster..
    btw it's a great declamation!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sad story. =[ I pity the girl because her parents died and she was alone now. The beasts were bad, I don't like them. They just stole one person's happiness. Anyways, nice declamation piece! Love it. <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. the mother of luis is right. vengeance is not ours, its god's.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is true that "vengeance is not ours, its god's". It's sad to say that people think that they'll have the vengeance.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How touching!!!... T.T
    I was about to cry, suddenly my brother came....that's why I discontinue my tears to flow...

    ReplyDelete
  12. One of the amazing and sad declamation that i read that a pity full girl she have a inspiration to go in her life even. Many bad- verry bad things happen "the vengeance is not ours, its god".

    ReplyDelete
  13. When I read that story, I feel very sad, for the lead characterof that story, because at the young age he encountered that kinds of experience. He lost his parents, and he was blind because of some bad people, her mother is right vengeance,its not ours,its God’s , he is the one who judge to everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  14. nice .... !!! vengeance is not ours it's God's ... very sad in the character of the story.. :(

    ReplyDelete
  15. VENGIANCE IS NOT uS, IT'S GOD !!! very touching story!!! Right vengiance is not us it's god but we can do the vengiance by us, but we can surely that the vengiance we do are not hurting others but the good reason why vengiance is not us , its god is the god ,is the god the reason why are we in this world and also god know the course of life so that God is the responsibility in us;(

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Vengeance is Not Ours, It’s God’s~~Wonderful.!It is a very touching and inspiring declamation piece.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. This declamation piece is so very touching and inspiring :)
    I remember that we compete to other school with this declamation piece five years ago until now i remember this poem i love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I always heard this declamation way back in HS but this is the 1st time i knew the title,. haha,. I remember joining declamation and I made my own piece which is "Fetus Cry" and one of the participant's piece is this one.

    ReplyDelete