Speechfest

Saturday, June 2, 2012

"AM I TO BE BLAMED?"


 (The end justifies the means. Stealing was his way to buy medicine for his ill mother.)

They're chasing me, they're chasing, no they must not catch me, I have enough money now, yes enough for my starving mother and brothers.

Please let me go, let me go home before you imprisoned me.

Very well, officers? take me to your headquarters. Good morning captain! no captain, you are mistaken, I was once a good girl, just like the rest of you here. Just like any of your daughters. But time was, when I was reared in slums. But we lived honestly, we lived honestly in life. My, father, mother, brothers, sisters and I. But then, poverty enters the portals of our home. My father became jobless, my mother got ill. The small savings that my mother had kept for our expenses were spent. All for our daily needs and her needed medicine.

One night, my father went out, telling us that he would come back in a few minutes with plenty of foods and money, but that was the last time I saw him. He went with another woman. If only I could lay my hands on his neck I would wring it without pain until he breaths no more. If you were in my place, you'll do it, won't you Captain? What? you won't still believe in me?. Come and I'll show you a dilapidated shanty by a railroad.

Mother, mother I'm home, mother? mother?!. There Captain, see my dead mother. Captain? There are tears in your eyes? Now pack this stolen money and return it to the owner. What good would this do to my mother now? She's already gone! Do you hear me? She's already gone. Am I to be blamed for the things I have done?

12 comments:

  1. How touching ... them was left by her father with no supplies of food and money ... and left them with a promise that the father will be back with money and food and that not happened ... how sadd

    ReplyDelete
  2. very very sad.............her sisters and brothers were very hungry everyday......!!!!that is why she could did that bad thing......hay....so sad

    ReplyDelete
  3. this story tells how very important our mother is..!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This declamation is very inspiring. I wish I was her because she's too strong to face all her problems.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish that I had strong enough like her to face my problem too...

    ReplyDelete
  6. How touching and inspiring that i said after this. Declamation i study hard,for the future my children don't be so poor and for the father that promise to gave money and food how said that his promise not came truth

    ReplyDelete
  7. We know in our society. We have a family that suffer that kind of life. We do things like that because they need badly, I cannot blamed why they need to do that, but I’m not say that its right, our government must help those kind of people. So that they cannot do bad things in order to survive.

    ReplyDelete
  8. a very touching story!! he/she stolen the money to bought a medice to her's mother ill :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. who is the author of this piece?????? could you plz tell me.........:((((

    ReplyDelete
  10. can someone tell me whos the author of this beautiful piece..?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ouchhh ...I'm not strong like her ....tnx for touching story .and it's so inspiring

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very good declamation..
    ..i love the way she act on it..but suddenly..so.inspiring i hope those who have situations like this would also must be strong.not loosing hope..

    ReplyDelete